The Account Manager will be responsible for providing a high degree of customer service to existing clients, and actively seeks opportunities to grow new and existing business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Represents company to customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Acts as the main interface between customer purchasing and engineering departments
- Enters sales and confirms/reports on order status to customer in timely manner
- Evaluates inventory availability, requests transfers and purchases as needed for customer orders.
- Finds sources, samples, and technical information as requested by customer
- Resolves issues with shipments such as missing packing slips, short shipments, wrong parts, etc. between warehouse and customer
- Generates quotes for customers, enters information to internal system
- Responsible for follow-up on quotes, samples and orders as needed
- Partners with Business Development Managers to develop and maintain existing client base, and new clients
- Responsible for review of open orders (both sales and purchase) to ensure on-time delivery to customers
- Will cross train with warehouse to learn warehouse operations
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Must have at least 2+ years of sales/account management experience.
- Must be able to read technical drawings and understand manufacturing processes required to make the part.
- Able to think outside the box and help customers by providing alternate options.
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) required
- Works well under pressure in a fast paced office environment, able to multi-task and reliable